Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Hot Day, a Few Errands, but Mainly a Day of Rest

Today was slated to be a hot day, and I wanted to do something indoors. My initial plan was to go back to the Museum of Natural History, but Bea said she was too tired. You know, I was feeling tired too. We had done something every day since we'd been here, so today would be a good day to lie low. I took the girls to Planet Kids, a children's store that sells many of our favorites. I thought I would let the girls each pick out a little toy to keep them occupied (at least somewhat) during the day. Bea picked out Calico Critters for both of them. I've seen these things in Houston many times, and always balked at the price. So expensive for these small critters and accessories. I still don't get it, but they have entertained the girls. We also picked up some Color Wonder paper and markers.

We made a stop at the pharmacy (Duane Reade) and the grocery store (Trader Joe's). I had thought we could have a movie day with popcorn too.

Another quick stop at McDonald's for lunch for the girls, and a Starbuck's for myself, and we were home. For the rest of the day.

Charlotte took a long, three hour nap, and Bea fell asleep around 4:30 for an hour on the hardwood floor next to the bed. Not sure why she didn't get in the bed.




I guess we all needed a little rest. We are looking forward to tomorrow and meeting one of my Storknet friends at Alice's Tea Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment