Monday, December 27, 2010

Mommy has a birthday!


I turned 36 this year. I couldn't have given myself a better present than the one I gave myself. At this point, I have lost 73 lbs. I feel much younger than I have in years! It's not the same celebrating my birthday without my twin, but such is the case some years. It just makes the years we celebrate together that much more special.

I had a very low key birthday, which is fine by me. It was quiet, calm, relaxing. I feel so blessed to have my beautiful children and wonderful husband. I couldn't ask for more really.


My day started with a request by Charlotte to paint her fingernails.


Of course, I obliged her...

Steven got these photos of Bea during lunch while I ran to the store to pick up a few items.



Bea has this thing for chopsticks.


With all the food that has been eaten between the holidays and all the family birthdays, I decided to bake an angel food cake that could then be dipped into a chocolate fondue. We've had two fondue pots for years, and have NEVER once used them.


Beatrix loved the angel food cake dipped in the chocolate...


...and so did Charlotte.


And, the best part about my birthday was the little surprise party my darling Bea threw for me. She decided I needed cake, even pretend cake, and a birthday song to celebrate my birthday. She led the entire thing.


That girl melted my heart...


ten times over. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment