Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Teddy Bear Dance Recital


What I love about Beatrix taking ballet through the school is how low key it is. Here they are waiting for their dance recital to start. No makeup. No special hair. No special costumes (other than the hot pink tutus). Just 4 year old girls being 4 year old girls. 

These girls learned a lot from their teacher throughout the year. Whenever I got a chance, I would peak my head in just to see how they were doing. Beatrix loves dance, and moves so beautifully at home. When it comes to performing for other people though, she just isn't the same. She is certainly more capable than she appears on stage.


The music starts, and Beatrix isn't quite sure of herself. She has to put her hands to her face while she figures it out.


The girls start to turn, and with hands still on her face, Beatrix decides it's better for her to turn with them.


But, wait, she starts to gain some confidence, and I think she is doing what she is supposed to be doing here.


Just when she was on a roll...Now, I'm pretty certain she is not doing what she is supposed to be doing. She's the one with the blonde ponytail looking out the window.


Showing us some skills she has worked on throughout the year.


Shy again...


Playing peek-a-boo with Auntie, I think.


I think she is trying to take Daddy's picture.


This sweet little boy from her class stayed after school to watch the performance, and then gave each girl a rose. Sweetest.thing.ever!


Beatrix loves her friend, McKenna. She is so sad that she won't be in the same class next year.



1 comment: