Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Day of School for Charlotte 2011 - 2012

Charlotte started her first year at St. Paul's School in the 2's class (aka the Butterfly class). She will be attending on Tuesdays and Thursdays.


She was ready with her lunchbox, or backpack, as she calls it.


Beatrix was trying to help Charlotte pose, but I like the looks on both of their faces here. They really do enjoy each other, and this captures it.


Once we got to school, she was starting to get a little more leery of the situation.


I tried getting her to stand by her butterfly, but she just said, "No, mama! No!".


Look at their pretty wall outside their classroom.

She clung to me briefly as I handed her over. There were a few tears, but I'm told only a very few, and she went right to work cooking in the kitchen. I needed to get Bea upstairs to her classroom, so I didn't linger. When I came back down, I peered in the window, and she was working on a puzzle, and moved on to the books. She seemed to be adjusting quite well.

I got to school early so I could spy on her before it was time for them to unleash them to us. Another parent was standing at the door, and she immediately told me that my child was as happy as could be. I looked through the window, and Charlotte was dancing and smiling, and playing with toys. Her teacher told me she had the best day, and really enjoyed the big playground. I knew she would! So glad she had such a great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment