Monday, August 1, 2011

OH BOY!


Today was the day for our BIG ultrasound. My appointment was at 1:40 in the afternoon, and it seemed like forever waiting. Steven and I went alone, leaving the girls at home with our nanny. We didn't want them getting antsy if there was a delay, and as it turned out, there was a delay, so good decision on our part.

I bought two t-shirts online from Cafe Press while in NYC. One of the shirts said OH BOY and the other said TICKLED PINK. I think deep down I thought I would be wearing the TICKLED PINK at the end of the day. I had planned on telling our family by surprising them with the t-shirt. I could not wait to tell them the news, despite what they may think. Mom thought it was pretty mean of me to make her wait.

The tech looked around at the baby for a few minutes. Everything looked good, and after asking us if we already have children, and us telling her we have 2 girls, she said, "Well, looks like you got something different this time!".  I know Beatrix will be very happy at this news, as she told me when I first told her I was pregnant that she thought it was a baby brother.

I  hated making my family wait, but I really wanted to surprise them in a fun way. Steven was flying back to NYC tonight with his mom, so I dropped him off at her house first. I immediately went inside saying I needed to use the restroom, which I did, but I also changed into my OH BOY t-shirt. I wondered how long it would take her to notice, but as soon as I walked out of the bathroom, and maybe a 5 second delay, she screamed and laughed. I think Omi is happy about having a grandson!

So, I left Steven there, and next up was my sister. I was going to pick her up so we could go back to my house to pick up the girls. I walked in Holly's house, and she was checking her email, and didn't want to look up at me because she didn't want my face to give it away to her. She had no idea about the t-shirt, so when she finally looked up, within a second, she screamed with joy. She is very excited to have a boy cousin for her baby boy due 3 weeks prior.

We went to my house and got the girls. Of course, we took the opportunity to take some photos.

I asked Bea what letter she saw on my shirt, and it didn't take her long to figure out BOY. We took a few pictures to Charlotte's dismay. The tot does not like sitting still!









Next up was Goosey and Popsey. We decided to meet them at Skeeters out in Katy for dinner. They walked in, and I walked up to Popsey first, and he got it right away. Goosey was busy greeting Bea, but she eventually saw the news too.

Ultrasound at 23 weeks 1 day on 8/1/2011

It's a BOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment